Llafur and Co-ops & Mutuals Wales Event – Robert Owen’s Legacy, Welsh Co-operative Movement History and Co-operative Learning
Event Date: 03/07/2021
International Co-operators Day – Llafur and Co-ops & Mutual Wales Event
Robert Owen’s Legacy, Welsh Co-operative Movement History and Co-operative Learning – What lessons can we learn from around the world?
Saturday 3rd July 2021
9:30-10:30 – ‘Does Robert Owen’s legacy still resonate in the 21st century?’
- Lecture by Prof Chris Williams, University College, Cork – Co-author of ‘Robert Owen and his legacy’
- Q&A and audience participation
- Final thoughts from Chris
Chair: Mick Antoniw, Labour/Co-op, Pontypridd
10:30-10:35 – Break
10:35-11:45 – ‘Ways to Mark Robert Owen’s Anniversary’
Robert Owen & the History of the Co-op Movement in Wales
- Liz McIvor, Co-operative Heritage Trust Manager, Rochdale Pioneers Museum and The National Co-operative Archive
- Sian Williams, Head of Special Collections and Librarian, South Wales Miners’ Library, Swansea University
Co-operative Learning & Methodologies in Schools
- Sara Vicari, Aroundtheworld.coop (Rome), telling inspiring co-operative stories of collection action through qualitative & participatory research allowing the main characters to define how to realise their video.
Three short presentations followed by panel Q&A and audience presentation
Chair: Jeremy Miles, Labour/Co-op, Neath
This event will take place via Zoom. You will need to register for the event via Eventbrite using the following link:
Once you have registered, details of the meeting ID and password will be emailed to you.
More Llafur Events
Llafur invites you to our latest online event and 2021 AGM. Reflecting on his early life in Tredegar in In Place of Fear (1952),… Click to read more...
12/11/2021 - 17/12/2021
at Oriel y Bont, Treforest Campus, University of South Wales
The paintings, installations, photographs, sculptures, stories, and films on display, chosen from the USW Artworks Museum Collection, as well as works on loan from… Click to read more...
12/11/2021 - 13/11/2021
at Hosted online by the University of South Wales - With an accompanying Exhibition at Oriel y Bont, University of South Wales
Imagined histories in the form of historical fiction, films or television programmes are often at the heart of how we think about our national… Click to read more...