Day School: The Anti-War Movement in Wales
The Community Hall, Shelone Road, Briton Ferry, SA11 2NS
Event Date: 10/12/2016
- 10.00 Welcome
- 10.10 Alun Burge – From Abertillery to the Kremlin Wall: The New Era Union Men’s Sunday School Class and the Impact of the Russian Revolution.
- 10.40 Philip Adams – A case study of opposition to war and conscription in two Welsh communities during World War One.
- 11.20 Dinah Jones – Pacifists at War: Remembrance on the Radio.
- 12.00 2016 Annual General Meeting
- 12.30 Lunch Break (Tea and coffee will be available, but there will be no lunch provided at this event).
- 13.15 Aled Eirug – Spies and subversives in Wales during the Great War.
- 13.55 Cyril Pearce – New Throughts on British War Resisters, 1914-1919.
- 14.30 Closing Remarks.
This event is FREE to attend and a warm welcome is extended to all.
To book your free place and register please visit our Eventbrite page:
For more information please contact:
Siân Williams, Llafur Secretary, c/o South Wales Miners’ Library, Swansea University, Hendrefeolan Campus, Gower Road, Swansea, SA2 7NB. Tel: 01792 518693 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Llafur Events
International Co-operators Day – Llafur and Co-ops & Mutual Wales Event Robert Owen’s Legacy, Welsh Co-operative Movement History and Co-operative Learning – What lessons… Click to read more...
On 18th March 1871, the Central Committee of the Commune seized Paris, governing the capital of France for seventy-two days before a bloody and… Click to read more...